Thanks again to Barbara Coloroso for her words of wisdom.
Here is a quick link to her thoughts about different types of parenting: http://georgesecko.wordpress.com/2011/05/21/brick-wall-jellyfish-backbone-styles-barbara-coloroso/
Grades 5 - 8
Welcome to Middle School! Our students benefit from the best of both worlds in a middle school that offers a valuable sense of community through our Developmental Designs advisory program including our daily morning meeting: Circle of Power and Respect (CPR) while also providing two separate physical learning environments that meet the developmental needs of 5th/6th graders and 7th/8th graders.
- Our Middle Division Arts and Sciences Center includes an art room linked to a patio with a kiln; science and computer labs; music and drama rooms; and a covered outdoor pavilion
- Interdisciplinary, grade-level teaching teams provide a stimulating and integrated course of study
- Our advisory program provides every student with a faculty advisor who becomes the point person for academic, social and emotional issues
- Vibrant service learning program
- Wide slate of safe, on-site extracurricular activities
- Students are respected for their differences, and encouraged to explore new activities in a welcoming, non-judgmental environment
Subjects taught: math, science, English, Spanish, French, language fundamentals, social studies, art, drama, music, technology and physical education/health.
In 2010, the Association for Middle Level Education created a document entitled "This We Believe: Keys to Educating Young Adolescents”. This document outlines sixteen characteristics of the most successful schools for young adolescents. [Learn more]