Treblecrest, Shorecrest’s new a capella ensemble, made its debut at the 2015 Valentine's Day assembly. The group explores a wide range of material from this increasingly popular style of vocal performance. Members of Treblecrest are selected from the Advanced Musical Theatre classes and rehearse during class time.
Upper School Arts Faculty
The exceptionally talented faculty includes a nationally recognized playwright
who has two Eugene O'Neill Awards to his credit as well as several off-Broadway plays and screen plays; a musical theatre
instructor who has published four original musicals and written and directed the music for more than a dozen American Stage productions of Shakespeare in the Park and a highly respected dance
instructor who has trained with members of the Royal Ballet and the New York City Ballet and has won national awards for her choreography of tap, lyrical, jazz and musical theatre productions.
Did you know...
- Shorecrest alumnus Patrick Wilson '91 received a Tony nomination in both 2001 and 2002 for his Broadway performances. He also starred on screen in "The Alamo", "Phantom of the Opera", "Insidious", and received Emmy and Golden Globe award nominations in 2003 for his acting in "Angels in America." Watch Patrick's recent Shorecrest Alumni Distinguished Achievement Award acceptance.
- Shorecrest alumna Monica Raymund '04 won the 2013 Imagen Award for Best Actress in Television. You may have seen her on TV starring in "Lie To Me" or "Chicago Fire".
- Students from the Shorecrest Playwriting Class have had their works produced and performed in theaters off-Broadway, in Los Angeles, California, and in Telluride, Colorado.
- Competing with hundreds of high school and college talent throughout the country, Shorecrest musical theatre students are consistently selected to train with some of the most renowned artists of this era at Ann Reinking's Broadway Theatre Project.
- Shorecrest theatre, musical theatre, playwriting and dance students have won "Superior" and "Critics' Choice" ratings at District, State and International Thespian Competitions.
- Shorecrest was the first independent school in the Tampa Bay area to offer a course in Videography/TV Production. Students have won many awards for their programing.
- The Shorecrest Theatre instructor, William Leavengood, is a two-time Eugene O'Neill Award winning playwright. He has several off-Broadway plays to his credit, including "Florida Crackers" which was part of Circle Repertory's 20th Anniversary season. His one-act play, "Steve", was chosen to be included in "Brave New World: The American Theater Responds to 9/11" which was presented 9/11/02 at New York's Town Hall.
- The Shorecrest Dance instructor, Cheryl Lee, trained with members of the Royal Ballet, the New York City Ballet and the Paris Opera Ballet. She has won numerous regional and national awards for her choreography of tap, lyrical, jazz and musical theater productions.
- The Shorecrest Concert Band has been invited to play at a presidential inauguration in Washington, D.C.
- During the past twenty-five years, the Shorecrest Cultural Enrichment Program has brought hundreds of national and international artists to perform and hold workshops on campus.