As mandated by the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA), every Shorecrest athlete must be cleared to participate for practices and for all team competitions. The clearance process requires the following:
- A completed and signed FHSAA physical (EL2) form by the parent/guardian, student and doctor
- Signed Insurance/Liability/Heat/Concussion/Cardiac Arrest (EL3) forms
In addition, Shorecrest requires the following forms to be completed by a parent/guardian and a student:
- Signed Athletic Handbook Acknowledgement form
- Signed Impact Consent Form
- A completed and signed Driver/Rider Permission Form (for students in grades 9-12)
NEW FOR 2022-2023:
Each family will create one account on the Athletic Clearance website and perform the following actions for each student athlete in the family:
- Read and electronically sign the required Insurance/Liability/Heat/Concussion/Cardiac Arrest (EL3) forms
- Download the Athletic Handbook from the Athletic Clearance website, read and then electronically sign the Athletic Handbook Acknowledgement Form
- Read and electronically sign the Impact Consent Form
- Upload a completed and signed FHSAA physical (EL2) form (PDF format only-photos will not be accepted)
- Download, complete and upload the Driver/Rider Permission Form (for students in grades 9-12) (PDF format only-photos will not be accepted)
Once these actions have been completed, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address that was provided when the account was created by the family. The email will state that the student’s eligibility is pending approval by the school. The athletic office will work quickly to approve the clearances as they are submitted. Once a student has been cleared, the system will send another email notifying families that the student is eligible to participate in Shorecrest athletics.
Families may begin this process May 1, 2022, for any sport that takes place over the 2022-2023 school year. By completing the clearance process early, you will ensure that your student’s eligibility is approved in a timely manner.
* Please be advised that no eligibility approvals will take place after 12pm on the day of the first team practice, allowing time for coaches to receive notification of each student’s eligibility at practice. If a student has not completed the clearance by the noon deadline, the student may still attend practice but will not be able to participate until the next practice day – if the clearance has been completed by then.
Please contact Melinda Holmes, Athletic Administrative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 727-456-7538 with any questions or concerns.