Shorecrest will launch a 1:1 school-issued MacBook laptop program in the Upper School in the 2022-2023 school year. Class of 2026 will be the first group of students to switch from the Upper School BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) program to this school-issued laptop program. Each year a new grade level will be added to the program. This is an extension of the school-issued device program in the Middle School. A technology fee of $500/year will be charged each August. Laptops will be distributed at Orientation in August. Students will own the device at the end of four years.10th-12th Grade:
Students are required to bring in an iPad and/or Mac laptop for their personal learning device. Students may choose the device that best fits their individual needs and is on the accepted device list below.
- iPad Air (5th Gen) with 256GB and keyboard
- iPad (9th Gen) with 256GB and keyboard
- iPad Pro (3rd Gen and above) with 128GB or above and keyboard
- Macbook Air with 8GB Memory 256GB SSD or above
- 13", 14" or 16" Macbook Pro with 8GB Memory 256GB SSD or above
- NOTE: Macbooks are not recommended at this time.