Extended Day for The Experiential School & Lower School
Extended Day is designed to provide a safe, nurturing, and enjoyable environment for children who require supervision beyond school hours on a regular basis. Activities will include snack, outdoor play, time for homework, games and crafts. Care is offered from 2:45 - 6:00pm on regular school days.
Extended Day locations are:
- Alpha - Pineapple Alpha Cottage (Styke/Folwell Classroom)
- Junior Kindergarten - Monkey Alpha Cottage (Daley/Brandimore Classroom)
- Kindergarten - Mondays will be in the SAC adjacent to the library; Tuesday through Friday will be in the Wonder Studio (former Admin building)
- 1st and 2nd Grades - the Student Activity Center (SAC)
- 3rd and 4th Grades - the Library until 5pm, the SAC after 5pm
- Middle School - Sher and Razook Center, rotating monthly between the classrooms.
- Alpha - Kindergarten will be using the play area located next to the Alpha cottages for recess.
- 1st and 2nd grade will use the play area located next to the Alpha cottages when younger students are inside.
- 3rd - 4th grade will play outside the Janet Root Theatre for recess.
- Students are strongly encouraged to have water bottles with their names on them. Third - eighth graders are required to provide a labeled, sealable water bottle due to the location of their aftercare.
Child Care for School Closed Days
As an extra service, child care is available for Alpha – fourth graders when school is closed: Half Days and School Closed Days. Separate registration is required for these days. View a list of dates 2018-19 here.
On school closed days or half days, Extended Day will be in the following rooms:
- Alpha and Junior Kindergarten: Pineapple Alpha Cottage (Styke/Folwell Classroom)
- Kindergarten - 4th grade: SAC (adjacent to the library)