Although reduced funds for the Arts seems to be a worldwide epidemic, the Shorecrest Upper School continues to invest in the right supplies for our students, to ensure the best creative results. We want our students to feel confident in their skills, their submitted art portfolios, and their understanding of the differences between varied techniques, different types of paints on different surfaces, and how quality of supplies can make a difference in a final product. At the same time, students experiment with nature and upcycled materials as art medium, blending execution with their regular environments - art in plain sight.
Some of the tools our students frequently work with include:
- Drawing (drawing pencils and color pencils, charcoals, erasers, markers, various papers)
- Painting (oil, acrylic, watercolor: paints, brushes, easels)
- Linoleum block printing (inks, carving tools, brayers, barens, linoleum blocks)
- Comic Life app for comic book design
- 35mm black and white film photography (complete with darkroom: film development and printing)
- Art books