"As state of the art as our learning environment is, the reason we are ready to take this next step (attend college) is because of the time and talents of our teachers. The teachers are amazing people. They come early, stay late, and they make themselves constantly available to help us succeed.”
Class of 2010
The Upper School provides a rigorous, college preparatory curriculum that prepares students to excel at the collegiate level and beyond. As passionate as our faculty members are about their subject matter, they are even more dedicated to working with students and engaging them in the process of being independent learners.
Our curriculum, which extends beyond the classroom, focuses on the development of accomplished, well-rounded citizens.
- 100% of students accepted to college
- Comprehensive college counseling program provides individualized attention beginning in 9th grade. Counselors offer advice on test preparation, constructing curriculum, developing list of colleges to research, and financial aid/scholarship application processes
Willis Family Leadership Lectures
Past presenters in the lecture series have included the following:
- Matt Silverman, President of the Tampa Bay Rays
- Marty Petty, Publisher and Executive VP, St. Petersburg Times
- Larry Scott, CEO of the Women's Tennis Association
- David Ives, Executive Director of the Albert Schwietzer Institute
- Jay Hebert, Defense Attorney
- Ready for Life Pinellas, panel discussion with individuals who have aged out of the foster care system
Service and Mentoring
- All students complete at least 25 hours of community service per year
- All students participate in annual Service Week/Mini-Mester Program (Students completed 4,500 service hours while participating in one of 20 different programs internationally, nationally and locally).
Tides is our online showcase of poetry and media by Upper School students.