Help provide general facilities support for the Operations Department.
· In the following four areas of general maintenance, repair, replace or modify items to assure they are in proper and safe working order. Request any repair or replacement parts and supplies needed to complete tasks:
o Electrical - switches, receptacles, bulbs, ballasts, etc
o Plumbing - faucets, toilets, drains, supplies, etc.
o HVAC - thermostats, motors, filters, etc.
· Assist in traffic control on campus for drop-off and pick-up of students and parking for events. Make sound decisions in traffic control by being flexible, decisive or firm with drivers, depending on the situation.
· Perform all duties in a safe manner and seek assistance for any task that to perform safely would need additional personnel or equipment.
· Assist when needed with the upkeep of the campus grounds, athletic fields, housekeeping and set-ups and tear downs.
· Request, accept and provide suggestions or recommendations and guidance from and to others on how and why to best complete tasks.
· Communicate effectively, professionally and clearly with the entire school community (faculty, staff, parents students, visitors and outside vendors).
· Work closely with the Director and Assistant of Operations to communicate, address and solve any concerns, issues or priorities that may arise during the performance of duties.
· Contribute positively to team, morale maintaining a positive, pleasant demeanor.
· Other duties as assigned by Director of Operations.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Related experience in Facilities Operations. Ability to read and interpret documents such as work requests, instructions, drawings, schematics and procedures.
· Basic computer and typing skills required.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
· Regularly climb ladders including to roof tops.
· Be able to occasionally lift up to 70 lbs. while using proper lifting techniques.
· Regularly use close and distance vision.
· Work in a wide variety of environments as found in all areas of the school.