Shorecrest is seeking an intellectually engaging and student-centered math teacher to join our Upper School math department. Candidates must have an educational background in the subject area and experience teaching high school level math.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for high school students, the ability to foster critical thinking, and a history of continued professional growth. Preference will be given to candidates who are familiar with NCTM standards, have experience integrating ISTE standards and other technology in instruction, and the ability to teach all levels of math, including AP and post AP courses.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in subject area required; a Master’s degree or PhD is preferred.
- Collaborative and engaged member of the faculty who is committed to students and to teacher growth.
- Serve as an advisor to 12-14 students, guiding students in academic, extracurricular, social, and personal development, and acting as primary liaison to parents/guardians.
- Enthusiasm for embracing the independent school model of mentoring, advising and supporting students outside of the classroom.
- Sponsor a student club and/or coach an athletic team.
- Demonstrate a high degree of cultural competency and a commitment to a community that values equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Establish a positive learning environment that includes a variety of teaching strategies.
- Comfortable using technology including online texts, iPad devices, and Learning Management System.
Founded in 1923, Shorecrest is one of the oldest independent schools in Florida. Last year, 70% of its graduates matriculated to universities outside the state of Florida. Its curriculum is challenging and offers students multiple opportunities for advanced study through its extensive AP program, advanced elective and online offerings, and and an Independent Study option.
St. Petersburg is a vibrant and growing city, named as one of the world’s most attractive small cities for art. It has a lively downtown, abuzz with outdoor concerts and markets, and it is within minutes of some of the most beautiful beaches in the country.
Interested Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Fatima Morlando, Upper School Administrative Assistant at email@example.com
. Please include “Math Position” in the subject heading.
POLICY OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Shorecrest Preparatory School welcomes candidates for admission or employment, regardless of age, race, culture, gender, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, national or ethnic origin, and does not discriminate on the basis of any category protected by law in the administration of any of its programs.
Shorecrest is a designated drug-free workplace.
Shorecrest participates in E-Verify.