Extended Day for The Experiential School & Lower School
Extended Day is designed to provide a safe, nurturing, and enjoyable environment for children who require supervision beyond school hours on a regular basis. Activities will include snack, outdoor play, time for homework, games and crafts. Care is offered from 2:45 - 6:00pm on regular school days.
Extended Day locations are:
Checking out your students:
- Anyone picking up a student should enter through the main door of the Mike Murphy Experiential School, located towards the right when facing Charger Commons, the new building (view map for location). At the desk the parent/guardian will show ID and sign out the student. They will receive a pass to give to the teacher and retrieve the child. This will be the case even during outdoor play. Anyone unknown to the staff member at the desk will need to show ID and be on the student’s pick-up list. A familiar staff member will be at the pick-up site to cut down on the number of times parents/guardians are asked to show ID.
- Middle school students are not authorized to pick up students in grades 2 and younger.
- Students are strongly encouraged to have water bottles with their names on them. Third - eighth graders are required to provide a labeled, sealable water bottle due to the location of their aftercare.
Child Care for School Closed Days
As an extra service, child care is available for Alpha – fourth graders when school is closed: Half Days and School Closed Days. Separate registration is required for these days. View a list of dates 2018-19 here.
On school closed days or half days, Extended Day will be in the following rooms:
- Alpha and Junior Kindergarten: Styke/Folwell Classroom
- Kindergarten - 4th grade: SAC (adjacent to the library)